Security Contract Management Definition
Security contract management is the process of developing, maintaining, and monitoring contracts for security-related products and services. The goal of security contract management is to ensure that the contracts are aligned with the organization’s security objectives and meet the needs of all parties involved.
Security contract management includes the following activities:
– identifying the organization’s security requirements;
– developing contract documents that clearly state the expectations of all parties involved;
– negotiating contracts with vendors;
– monitoring vendor performance to ensure that they are meeting their obligations; and
– modifying or terminating contracts as needed.
An effective security contract management program requires close collaboration between the security team and other departments within the organization, such as procurement, legal, and risk management.